The Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program (MMCP) provides a safe and accessible program that meets the needs of patients and the public health and safety of all Mississippi residents.
General inquiries about the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program: MSMedicalCannabis@msdh.ms.gov
Patients, caregivers or practitioners: MCRegistration@msdh.ms.gov
Work permits (agents) or business licenses (cultivation, processing, disposal, commercial transportation, testing facilities): MCLicensing@msdh.ms.gov
E-mail updates about the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program: Subscribe
Apply for License/Registration
Applications are now being accepted for:
- Patients and caregivers: for the use of medical cannabis as directed by a medical professional
- Medical practitioners: to certify patients for medical cannabis use
- Facilities: cannabis cultivation, processing and testing
- Services: cannabis transportation and waste disposal
Dispensaries: The Mississippi Department of Revenue will be responsible for the licensing of medical cannabis dispensaries beginning in July.
All Businesses: Registration with the Mississippi Secretary of State's office should be your first step. Find out more
All types of applicants should review the general guide below to prepare for the application process.
Caregivers, facility staff and individuals associated with cannabis businesses may be required to have a criminal history background check and submit an affidavit with their application.
- First, register with our online Portal. Before entering an application, register with the Medical Cannabis Portal. You'll need a valid e-mail address to register, and you'll need to create an account name and password.
- Select a starting application type. When you register with the Portal, choose the type of application you intend to make. (If you intend to make different types of applications, such as a business license and an individual license, you can add a second account later.)
- Verify your Portal registration. You'll receive an e-mail message to confirm your registration. Follow its instructions to confirm your new
- Start your application. You'll be returned to the Portal to sign in with your new user name and password, and create your application. (Individuals must upload a photo.)
Detailed instructions can be found in our Portal user guide:
Need help? Send e-mail to MSMedicalCannabis@msdh.ms.gov
Approval time: Upon completion of an application and supporting documents that meet regulatory requirements, there is a 30-day approval time for licensure applications. Upon approval of a patient application, patient identification cards are made available within five days. Please allow time for review and approval of patient applications and practitioner certification information. Applications are reviewed and determinations made in order of receipt of all required information.
Documents, Forms and Regulations
Facilities and Services
To share complaint, concern or grievance that you have about a licensed medical cannabis establishment in Mississippi (a grower, testing facility, dispensary, etc.), use our online form.
- Clearly identify the medical cannabis establishment.
- Please provide as much information as possible, including the basics of "who, what, when, and where". These details help us better understand your concerns.
- The online form allows you to share pictures and other documentation supporting your concern(s).