Emergency Medical Technician - Basic Training
The Mississippi Community College System offers EMT programs throughout the state of Mississippi. Additionally, organized EMS districts as recognized by the Bureau of EMS, Mississippi State Department of Health, are authorized to provide this training.
The Board of Health – through regulations - sets guidelines and minimum standards.
EMT Basic Curriculum
EMT Curriculum must conform, at minimum, to the Mississippi approved guidelines. Written permission from the Mississippi Bureau of EMS must be obtained prior to the start of an EMT Training course.
Requirements for entry into the EMT-Basic Training Program
- Age of at least 18.
- Ability to read and write.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Minimum score of 10 on the TABE reading test or 16 on the ACT taken after October, 1989 or 12 taken before October, 1989.
- Valid CPR certification ( Health Care Provider).
- Physically fit per physical examination by physician.
- Hepatitis B vaccination started prior to clinical or ambulance run portion of the class.
Students should contact the local community college for admission requirements application to the EMT-Basic program.
Mississippi Emergency Medical Technician Basic Training Programs