Take Charge of Your Health
What is a being a wise health care consumer all about?
- Staying informed about your health issues.
- Practicing good health habits at home.
- Working as a partner with your health care provider.
What are some ways that we can stay informed about health issues?
- If you're diagnosed with an illness, do some research.
- Use reputable sources like our healthy living site, Take Charge of Your Health.
- Learn ways to control your symptoms and live with your diagnosis.
What about good health habits?
- Practice preventive health to avoid illness and injury in the first place.
- This includes dieting, exercise, quitting smoking, and wearing your seatbelt
- Know your own body. Get regular checkups and visit a doctor when necessary.
How can you be a partner with your health care provider?
- Ask questions and get informed about any treatment or diagnosis
- if you're sick, follow treatments as prescribed by doctor.
- Keep a health journal to record symptoms, questions or concerns.
Take charge of your health
We offer free health screening events to keep you in touch with your health, and informative Health Toolkits to help you manage your health. You'll find all this at our extensive new site about healthy living: Take Charge of Your Health.